Monday, November 16, 2009

Where have I been?

Hey Everyone,

My goodness it has been quite sometime since I posted here on this blog of mine. I apologize to anyone waiting for me to post an update. I have been crazy busy with all that life has to offer. Especially my crazy puggle. He has had a great time of life.



Cooper is my little crazy man. He has been a delight but he has also been quite a challenge. He has been sick, I wasn't aware when I got him that he was very sick with giardia...so it has been a constant battle since he first came home. He has finished his third round of antibiotics, just dropped a sample off at the vet, let's hope this one is clear. The sooner he gets the go ahead from the vet, the sooner he can have fun at doggy daycare.



So earlier, Karen, Vanessa and I took a weekend and we went up to New Hampshire and Vermont to see the pretty foliage, Cooper loved it. He had such a blast just driving around with us in the car...and since his FAVORITE thing in the world is fallen leaves, he had a fantastic time.



He was a little afraid of the river.



He was such a litte cutie...since then, he has grown like an absolute weed. Each day it astounds me how much he is growing and advancing. He and I had a great trip when we came to Utah to see the family and all the little kids. Such a great experience for both of us. He loved meeting his little cousin Spike...I am sure he would love to meet again at some point.

Anyways, to all of you wondering if we are still alive, we are indeed. We are having a great time. Cooper is getting used to the fact that I unfortunately have to work ALOT..i think he realizes it is so i can afford to take care of him and get him fun toys. I have been so incredibly lucky to have such a wonderful support system out here, and who can help me with the crazy man when I am off to work and school, I truly have been blessed with all that I have. I never thought I could make it out here. I am glad that I have been proven wrong several times.


So thank you to everyone for lending me your strength. It has been much needed and appreciated.

3 comments:

  1. Paige,
    Your blog rocks! Cooper has certainly been a lot of work in terms of his health and also ... well just being a puppy! At the same time, I know he has brought such joy to your life, particularly as you made such a big move coming to the East Coast for school. In some ways, you are both facing a lot of "new" things together, and as a result,are gaining a bit of strength and confidence from each other. He has been a pleasure to help out with, and has certainly grown on me!

    You should be quite proud of all that you have accomplished in this short time; the move across country, finding a safe and clean place to reside, landing a job almost immediately upon arriving, excellent school grades...etc. are just a few of the things which you should feel quite pleased with. The support of a strong family system and friends can muster amazing results, but equally important is to recognize your own will, drive and spirit that has given you both the blessings and successes in your life. I look forward to all your future accomplishments. - Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. *Ruff*Ruff*

    djkjfow

    Oops!

    Hi Mommy! It's me Cooper. I saw how you typed on your laptop so I'm trying to leave you a message.

    I need new clothes. I can't fit in my leather jacket - okay, so maybe I do look kind of cool and snazzy with it hanging open, but that's NOT suppose to be the way it fits Mom.

    I also need a new raincoat because... heck when you try to pull the velcro closed, sure it closes, but I feel like I'm in a straight jacket.

    Hmm...what else. Oh, I would like to have more bones, like on a daily basis like Gramma gives Spike. Yeah, so "daily" is good Mom.

    Let me think...wait got a scratch.

    Okay, back. I'd like you to STOP lifting everything off the floor. It's too dang hard to have to jump up on things to get a hold of them. So please leave your boots and shoes on the floor. Oh, and about the toilet paper. What's up with putting it on the counter instead of that spinny thing that suppose to hold it on the wall where I can reach it huh? Come on Mom, a pups gotta have fun.

    I think that's it. If I think of anything else I'll drop you an email!

    Love,
    Cooper

    PS: Can I have a blog too?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Paige.

    I have to tell you that Cooper is the cutest puppy I have ever laid my eyes on. He is full of character and love, and boy does he love praise. I count myself lucky that I get to see him often (and of course tend to his messes and steal things from him that he is running away with).

    I am glad to be here to offer whatever experience I have with being far from home, and to be a support for you. It has been awesome to get to know you and Cooper and I am so proud of all you are doing.

    Ness

    ReplyDelete