Sunday, August 30, 2009

Nauvoo and Carthage


On our road trip, Mom and I decided to take a detour through Illinois. We stopped at Nauvoo for a few hours. The Temple was beautiful and we also took some time to visit historic Nauvoo and see all the restored houses and learned how to make bricks. It was pretty cool.

See, the Temple was beautiful. We took a covered wagon ride and I took this picture while on that ride.

We then drove about 30 minutes or so to Carthage. It was a very neat experience to see such a historic site. I was overwhelmed by a feeling of peace and comfort as we saw where the Prophet Joseph Smith was killed. It was an amazing experience.

1 comment:

  1. I loved visiting Nauvoo and Carthage while I was in high school. Back then there was no temple built though. I love Carthage! I agree that there really is a feeling of peace there.

    ReplyDelete